About the event
Woodstock area restaurants are invited to participate in the 10th annual Taste of Woodstock taking place at the Elm Street Cultural Arts Village Event Green on Market Street in Downtown Woodstock on Thursday September 9th, from 5 pm to 9 pm. This year’s event will continue to support the Woodstock High School Band Program but is organized by Visit Woodstock GA, the destination marketing organization for the City of Woodstock.
Note: space for this event is limited. As such, businesses which do not qualify as a food vendor may request space at the event as an event sponsor. Sponsorship Applications will be posted to the website this summer. Restaurants with a Woodstock address will be prioritized for this event.
Terms & Conditions
GENERAL INFORMATION & AGREEMENT
By reading the information below and submitting this online Restaurant Application & Agreement, you are agreeing to abide by all rules and regulations set forth by the event organizers in the 2021 Taste of Woodstock and made a part hereof by reference.
1) Applications are due using the online application form only no later than Friday July 30, 2021 at 5 PM. An application is deemed incomplete until payment is received. Visit Woodstock, Inc. reserves the right to accept or decline an applicant.
2) Restaurants will be notified by email of acceptance no later than August 13, 2021. There is a credit card option on the online form. If you need to pay by check, it should be received via mail or dropped off to Visit Woodstock GA, Inc. at 1 Innovation Way, Woodstock GA 30188 no later than the application deadline.
3) A $200 NON-REFUNDABLE FEE is required to reserve a booth space. Restaurants may reserve more than one space. Each 10 x 10 booth space reserved will receive (1) 10 x 10 open-sided tent, (1) 6 foot tables, and (2) chairs. Event will provide a small tent identification sign with your restaurant’s name and event logo to be kept by the event staff. If any of the rental items are missing or damaged at end of evening, your restaurant will be billed. You should plan to bring tablecloths, menu boards with prices listed, decor, restaurant signage (for back or side of tent) and visual displays for the booth. MENU BOARDS with ticket prices for your booth space are to be supplied by each restaurant (no electrical sign). Be creative and showcase your restaurant! We recommend at least an 11″ x 17″ sized menu on coroplast with grommets to zip tie to your tent.
4) SOFT DRINKS/WATER: Restaurants are not permitted to sell or give away soft drinks, sports drinks, water or drinks of any kind. Elm Street Arts Village will be serving beer and wine under their facility license.
5) POWER will be available to those who have requested in on their application. In order to assess power needs, you must list what types of items you plan to bring with you if power is requested. You are responsible for bringing 100ft or longer extension cords.
6) WATER is not available on site. Please bring supplies/equipment that you require for cooking and a hand washing station. There will not be ICE sales on site, so please bring any ice that you may need.
7) TRASH, papers or boxes must be placed in a dumpster. DO NOT dump grease or hot coals on the ground. If trash is left at your booth, a fee of $100.00 will be deducted from your ticket sales. There will not be a grey water tank or grease barrel. Please be prepared to transport dirty water and grease with you when you leave.
8) FOOD SAMPLES and TICKET EXCHANGE: Each food ticket value is $.50. Your food samples may be sold for a minimum of one ticket ($.50) and a maximum of eight tickets ($4). Food may NOT be given away or exchanged for cash. Please price your food in a way that best suits your restaurant. Please price your food sample/portions according to these examples : 1 to 3 tickets – ice cream, wings, salad, bread, pizza, pasta, fruit, hot dogs, coffee, smoothies, tacos and nachos. 3 to 6 tickets – chicken, pork, bbq, hamburgers, crab, scallops, steak, ribs, salmon, sushi and shrimp. Portion sizes should be ‘taste or sample’ size so that attendees can sample from various booths.
9) BEST OF AWARDS will be given in several categories. For Best Appetizer, Entrée and Dessert, judges will visit your tent and you can elect to participate and which dish you want to enter. The People’s Choice Award will be awarded to the restaurant that receives the most votes from patrons at the mobile Visitor’s Center set up on Elm Street. Winner’s will be announced at the event at 7:45pm. Winners will receive an award to display in their place of business, be recognized on stage at the event and receive mention on Visit Woodstock GA and Downtown Woodstock social media channels.
10) TICKET COLLECTION BOX: The day of the event, bring a large box to collect your tickets. Your tickets are like cash, so return your tickets to event organizers by 10 PM the night of the event with the restaurant name and ticket count written on the box. Fifty percent (50%) will be reimbursed to you within 10 business days. A completed W-9 Form must be provided to receive the reimbursement.
11)Please be prepared for any kind of weather. This is a rain or shine event.
12) FESTIVAL ATTENDANCE: The 2019 event had an attendance of around 3,000 with a total of 16,000 taste tickets redeemed.
13) BOOTH ASSIGNMENTS and load-in instructions will be completed and emailed prior to the event. Many factors are considered, such as electrical requirements, number of booth spaces needed, type of cuisine served and application deadline. We will try our best to accommodate special requests.
12) LOAD IN begins at 2:00pm. You will receive a load-in assignment time via email prior to the event. All vehicles must be off festival site by 3:00 pm. Participants will not have access to the festival site with a vehicle after 3:00 PM. FOOD TRUCK load in time is 3:30pm. All restaurants/food trucks must be ready to sell at 4:30pm. While the event doesn’t officially start until 5pm, Taste of Woodstock is a FREE admission event and we expect patrons will be on site early. Prior to the event, you will be e-mailed a vehicle pass to drive onto the festival site for unloading. Only two passes per restaurant. Booth number will be on this pass. Please display on the dashboard for load-in. Vehicles without this pass will not be permitted onto event site. Restaurant staff does not need a pass but should park and walk to the booth.
13) PUBLIC SAFETY: City of Woodstock’s Police and Fire Department require that all sidewalks behind your restaurant booth not be blocked. Please do not use the sidewalks for food prep or grilling. We have provided additional space between the booths for this use.
14) FOOD SAFETY GUIDELINES for temporary events established by the Cherokee County Health Department will be strictly adhered to. Guidelines can be found HERE.
15) LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE: Organization or business assumes all responsibility for, and risks and hazards of, participation in the rental activity planned by myself or my business. In considerations of Visit Woodstock GA, INC. providing permission to use the space requested, I, and all members of my rental group, do hereby releaseVisit Woodstock GA, INC., Elm Street Cultural Arts Village and the City of Woodstock, including all officials, officers, employees, sponsors, organizers, supervisors, volunteers, participants, and all other agents, of any and all claims, demands, rights, and causes of action of whatever kind and nature, arising from and by reason of, and all known and unknown, foreseen and unforeseen, bodily and personal injuries, damage to property, and the consequences thereof, resulting from participation in the rental activity planned in the City of Woodstock.